Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Pesto-Parmesan Things

I don't know what these things are really called. A friend served some with a lunch last summer, and I fell, well, a little bit in love. They are easy and quick. The only problem is that you can't make just one. I never want to share, but everyone else always wants "just a taste, please, Mom!"




Pesto-Parmesan Things

flour tortillas
prepared pesto (I buy the Contadina's in the refrigerator case)
parmesan cheese, grated (I use fresh, but the green can would probably be fine)
sun dried tomatoes, thinly sliced (oil packed or just plain in the package)

Spread tortilla with pesto. Top with parmesan cheese. Add tomatoes. Bake at 350 until cheese melts and the whole thing is lightly browned. Slice with a pizza cutter into 8-12 pieces and serve warm.

5 comments:

Romany said...

Kristine the photo is very tempting. I haven't had breakfast yet!

I do domething similar, with pine-nuts scattered over and each triangle rolled up, like you would a crescent roll. (Easy to eat that way.)

And of course they are completely NON-CALORIFIC.

Dorothy

Cynthia said...

YUM! I'll have to give that a try.

Emily said...

Ok . .. I am definitly trying this one sooner than later!

Diann said...

This looks awesome. We will definitely have to morph it into a pizza (as all food-things are becoming in our house).

Jodi said...

That looks very tasty. I thought it was pizza at first.