Sunday, January 21, 2007

Super Saturday

I heard on the radio that this is the fifth Saturday in a row that it's snowed. I don't know if that's true or not, but it started around 6:00 a.m. Isn't this pretty? It's a park near our house.

I took Trevor to basketball, and by the time we came home, the roads weren't too bad. He had a better time. The pastor of this church began this basketball program as a ministry back in Michigan. When he moved to this church, he put it together again. It's grown a lot over the past few years apparently. He really has a gift for it. I've seen a lot of similar programs, even ones that cost a lot of money, and they are almost always much more chaotic than this. The group this year is so big that they've broken them apart differently, and now Trevor is playing with 3rd/4th graders, 35-40 kids in all. They were broken down into groups of five, and everyone got a lot of drill time in without a lot of time spent waiting for others.

I did have a hard time getting up my driveway, and I had to back up, start in the middle of the street and gun it. We have two separate garage doors, and I only have a few inches on either side of my mirrors. As I'm making it up the driveway, I almost have to close my eyes and hope I make it safely into the garage. I'm getting used to it with all this snow! Trevor, what a peach, decided to shovel.

Robert was home most of the day, before heading off to work just as more clouds rolled in.

Trevor played with Tucker most of the afternoon. They spent most of the time coloring more Spiderman printouts. Since Holly gets to stay up late anyway on Saturday night, and Robert was coming home late, Trevor got to stay up for the party. :)

However, one thing never changes around here. Really.

Poor Vader. I think Jen enjoys his company, or she enjoys tormenting him. She's not afraid at all!

4 comments:

Romany said...

Oh poor kitty. What happens if you ban him from the room by closing the door? Does he just lie across the threshold?

Dorothy

Kristine said...

Robert's been doing that to him sometimes, and Vader will stalk around downstairs obviously mad at Robert. Poor kitty!

Emily said...

My kids love looking at all your snow pictures. They won't see snow until next December when we head to my sister's homes for Christmas up in Indiana.

Cynthia said...

Sounds like a great basketball program!