Thursday, January 04, 2007

So sick of snow!!!

Robert was off today, but we didn't see much of each other. We were both running errands, it seemed, all day. He took his car to the dealer early this morning, so one of us was always gone with my car, off doing something.

I'm getting grumpy about the conditions of the roads. It's been a week since our last snow and the roads are awful. I'm still having major troubles getting up and down my street. When I drove to the library today, I got STUCK in a parking space. Grrr. Of course, my knight-in-shining-armor's horse wasn't available. Surprising myself, I managed to finally get my car out on my own. I would much prefer to just be rescued, though.

It was in the 50s, woohoo!, and Holly was able to get in a riding lesson. As I was driving out to nowhere (or so it seems to me), I noticed that there was barely any snow at all. Clearly, God's plan for blowing the snow off the plains/having it melt in the sun is working better than our city snowplows!

And we're expecting light snow tomorrow. All of this makes me very glad I don't live in Michigan . . . Ohio . . . New York . . . anywhere that this would seem normal!

On the plus side, Robert fixed is famous chile rellanos for dinner, along with cheese enchiladas. YUM!!! He's off tomorrow too. And I think he's planning to fix dinner again. :)

3 comments:

Lisa in Jax said...

I'll take your snow if you'll take my unrelenting rain. I'm so sick of waking up and it being dark outside all day long. ugh.

Dinner sounded great! I love Mexican food. Yum!

Lisa

Julie Cunningham said...

I'm in full agreement with you!!!! Although I'm glad about the water in the snow, I'm sick of the white stuff. That storm last night was supposed to be a mere 1-2" but up here north of Longmont we got closer to 8". Ugh! But my kids are enjoying sledding down the 'hill' created from 3 storms worth of snow drift and then the piling from the driveway. (BTW, I found your blog off the SHS list... which I can't keep up with anymore and I've unsubbed. But great to see another CO person.)

Cynthia said...

You can send some more snow our direction. We haven't had our fill of it yet. Skiing starts in a month and we'd REALLY like some fresh snow and LOTS of it!