Thursday, January 04, 2007

Already Wednesday

Yesterday was the last day of Christmas vacation for the public schools here, and today those kids were back in the classroom. Not us. Holly was up at her friend's house. Trevor had asked to go swimming. He didn't mind going by himself, in fact he never gave it a second thought. There were about two dozen kids there, maybe all of the schools didn't go back yet, or maybe some were hsers too. (I really love it when we are among the few that are out and about.) Trevor swam for an hour and practiced some handstands.


We picked up Holly late in the afternoon. The snow was piled high at our "meeting spot." Trevor was standing on a thin crust of snow, and I kept wondering if he'd come out with both shoes still on. (He did!)

It was a really warm day, for us anyway, in the mid 50s. There's still a LOT of snow around, and it crossed my mind that it will be here for at least another week. Yuck. It was overcast most of the day, but I still didn't really need a jacket.

We had bbqed steak for dinner, and I fixed a salad. I don't know if it was the cucumber or tomato, but Robert came in the house and said it smelled like spring.

He also brought home crickets for our white line gecko to eat. I have some affection for that lizard. I think it's because I know she's secure in her cage. She bit someone before we even got her home a year or so ago, and no one's tried touching her since. Ever. She lived in Trevor's room for awhile, but when she'd jump on the sides of her glass tank at night, it bothered him. Robert moved her down to the basement, which bothered me. Now she's in my bedroom. The crickets are chirping like mad in the dark, so it really DOES seem like summer. :)

About the pictures yesterday. Okay, I can call the colors "Picasa blue." Yes, all of them were altered at least in some way, but some of the blues remained true. I'm repeating that I'm not changing my Pikes Peak pictures at all.

No, I wasn't driving as I was taking the photos! Holly took some, Trevor took some, and I was the dork taking pictures from a few parking lots and from a scenic turnoff. I know, you don't have to say it. I even embarrassed myself. You can imagine how my kids felt. I only hope that no one I know spotted me.

And NO, I wasn't using my cell phone, at least not at the same time. ::snort:: (D, I've never used "your" snort before, and I'm finding this particularly funny!!!!)

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

What's really funny is that I do snort in real life...and it's not very becoming. LOL

Romany said...

I love the swimming photo. Here you have to sign all sorts of forms and be checked by the police before you're allowed to take photos of children (even your own) in a public place like a pool. So sad.

Dorothy

Cynthia said...

I like your unaltered Pikes Peak pictures... somehow wouldn't seem quite right to alter them, kwim? They are so beautiful as they are.

Glad you weren't driving while photographing. I've been known to do that. Of course, I don't take my eyes off the road though... I just snap away one handed and see what I came up with when I get back home (LOL).

The photography bug has hit my kids now that I've been taking SO MANY more pictures than I used to thanks to the blog... and I USED to take a lot of pictures... We take about 600 or more a WEEK now (LOL)... thanks to digital it doesn't cost anything! Anyway.. now the kids are equally as excited as I am to pull over or roll down the window to take a picture.