Monday, January 01, 2007

H*A*P*P*Y N*E*W Y*E*A*R !

It's very early 1/1/07, shortly after midnight.
****************************************
We had a nice, relaxing day to end the year. It doesn't start off any better than this!

Although I've been having fun with Picasa, playing around with my photos, I'm reluctant to post any altered pics of the Peak. For now at least, they'll stay as I take them, no enhancements.

With lots of help from Trevor, we got most of the Christmas decorations down--literally. Robert and I put them all on the kitchen counter and table as Trevor made a couple of dozen trips to the basement with everything. Robert will take care of it later. We didn't get the tree down, but I'm looking forward to putting all the ornaments away tomorrow. Some people might find this horribly boring, but I don't mind this part of it. I LIKE order, knowing that everything will be back to "normal" and putting each ornament in its proper place/box to spend the next 11 months.

We went out and ran a few errands. At Kohl's, there was NO one in line for returns. The library closed early Friday due to the weather, never opened yesterday, closed Sunday and Monday for New Year's, and I'm assuming will be closed Tuesday, since it's been declared a National Day of Mourning for President Ford. I'm very happy for all the library employees, but it is inconvenient for me!

The sunshine today was warm, but it cooled off quickly as soon as the sun went down.

The kids ate McDonald's as a celebratory sort of dinner. Robert and I? We had 3.5 lbs. of crab legs. Really. There was enough to share with Trevor too. (grin) Instead of placing them in boiling water for a few minutes like we usually do, we baked them at 400 degrees for 5-10 mins. The taste difference was noticeable, and I definitely prefer them baked. The shells were also crisper, easier to break. The crab was a little salty tasting, neither better nor worse, but I could tell.

Shortly after 9:00, Holly and Trevor went out back to do their usual poppers. Robert and I couldn't last out there very long because it was COLD!


Holly and I stayed up, racing each other on PS2 Off Road Fury and then watching several episodes of The Brady Bunch. (I guessed right last night!) At midnight, we caught the fireworks from Pikes Peak out of her bedroom window. It's not the greatest pic, but hey, the mountain is about 20 miles away (as the crow flies, as best I can tell from my map), and my camera's not the greatest either. I was surprised how many of our neighbors were out in their yards, blowing horns and watching the fireworks.

HAPPY 2007!!!

2 comments:

berrypatch said...

"and I'm assuming will be closed Tuesday, since it's been declared a National Day of Mourning for President Ford."

NOW I know why the post office was closed today when I stopped to mail a package!!!! See, this is why one should spend time checking out others blogs - to find out what is going on in the world!!! :-)

Cynthia said...

WOW. I'm impressed that you made it until midnight. I fell asleep about a 1/2 hour before... just couldn't wait that last 30 minutes or so.