Sunday, January 21, 2007

Book Review - Sister Freaks by Rebecca St. James

Wow, Rebecca St. James is everywhere. She's a popular Christian music artist, and I recently caught her on a "infomercial" for Compassion International. I noticed Sister Freaks: Stories of Women Who Gave Up Everything for God on DeEtta's blog. This is a compilation of individual stories about women who take up the cause for Christ, often at great cost.

The book is intended as a devotional study, with twelve weeks of stories, five stories per week. It'd be more beneficial to read that way. I read it in a week or two. I can't commit to twelve weeks, and it's a library book. I'd definitely recommend it as a long term project, and I wish I could have focused more on each individual story.

From the introduction, "We all love Jesus; I just wonder sometimes if we're accomplishing something great for His kingdom." Take up the cause.

2 comments:

Romany said...

Sounds good!

Grace LOVES her music! I like the lyrics!

Your book reviews are really helpful, Kristine!

Dorothy

Emily said...

We love Rebecca St James - all her songs have such a powerful message!