Sunday, December 31, 2006

What a difference a day makes!

I'd posted a picture from mid-morning earlier, and these two are from about noon and 2 p.m. Our weather forecast said we'd get 8-12" of snow today/tonight. As midnight approaches, the sky is still clear. Now you can see why I prefer forecasts predicting 'a dusting or a blizzard.'


Seeing blue sky had an amazing effect on my mood. I so take our weather for granted. I never braved trying to get my car out. (I would not be happy to have to call Robert at work to tell him I'm stuck somewhere, and I don't think he'd be too happy either!) When Robert came home from work though, we all went out. Getting out was rejuvenating, and I feel like I'm back on track!

We also finished three of our read alouds today. Perfect timing. I'm not sure exactly when we'll start school back up. It will be at some point this week, probably just to complete a chapter of history. The ps's go back at different times, and I'm expecting Holly to be gone two or three days visiting friends. No matter. The stories are done, one more reason to feel back on track.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

That's quite a variance! Either way they'll guess right, I suppose.