Monday, December 18, 2006

My happy little secret

Whatever you are thinking from my title, let me assure you that you are wrong!

I love Laura's Lean Beef. It's "natural," raised without antibiotics or hormones. I don't really care about that specifically, but it sure tastes great. It's the only meat we use for hamburgers, and I've been able to find it often enough on sale that I can stock up. Now we use it even in tacos or other places where we can't tell a difference in the taste.

Last year, I discovered Laura's Beef Pot Roast. This is my "happy little secret." It tastes great. It's easy. All I have to do is take off the cardboard cover, cut a few slits in the plastic packaging and microwave. Five minutes.


I've made wonderful pot roast on my own. It cost more than a box of this, took much more effort and several hours more of my time. It didn't taste that much different. Everyone in my family likes Laura's. I usually pay about $6 for a box on sale, and it is just enough for the four of us. Meanwhile, I can spend my time making carrots, mashed potatoes, salad, or whatever else to round it out, but I still end up feeling like I've come out ahead. Yum!

* * *

We had a good day today, except for Holly coming down with a nasty cold. She was able to do most of her schoolwork (and boy, was I glad about that!). Trevor was really wanting to play with a friend, so he sped through everything quickly and happily. We were done by 1:00, perfect timing in my book!

No comments: