Tuesday, December 19, 2006

More sickos in my house!

This morning Trevor came down full force with Holly's cold. Ugh! They enjoyed lounging around for most of the day, sucking on cough drops and otter pops. Holly was feeling much better tonight, and I'm thinking she'll be well tomorrow. I don't know yet about Trevor. Robert's wanting to avoid getting sick, and I'm already imagining that I have a sore throat. Blech!

It was cold all day, snowing very lightly for a short time this morning, and then never lived up to the expectations. I'm still waiting. It seems like the snow is hanging in the air, ready to come falling down at any time.

Here's a darling picture of Trevor and Lucky listening while I read out loud this morning.

Very nice of the dog. Half the time, he's in my face while I'm trying to read, or leaping around one or both of the kids. I'd love to see THIS more often!

I am a huge procrastinator, and for many years, I would end up "stuck" on Christmas Eve, wrapping presents until well after midnight. For the past few years, Robert's made an effort to encourage me to start a little earlier. (Notice that he's not volunteered to help wrap!) But it's been much more pleasant, knowing ahead of time that I'm making some progress, and not dreading being "stuck" up late on Christmas Eve. It's not like I can sleep in the next morning. So I'm off to get some wrapping done now. Everyone else is asleep, I'll watch whatever is good (hey, that's relative!) on tv, wrap by the fire and treat myself to chocolate chip cookie dough when I'm all done. Now that's something to look forward to!

4 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Can I come wrap my presents at your house????

Kristine said...

Definitely, and I'll even stay up late with you and make more cookie dough!

Jodi said...

Always a good idea to reward yourself while wrapping. Funny I never get a volunteer of help with this chore either.

Cute pic of Trevor and the dog. sorry to hear he's sick. I think mine are getting something. The kids we babysat on the weekend kinda had colds, oh well. Maybe it will be a little cold.

Cynthia said...

So, the BIG question? Did you finish all of your wrapping yet? I think I've only wrapped 2 presents this season... the kids have wrapped all of the rest.