Saturday, November 18, 2006

Super Saturday

Holly's dance recital was this morning. She was AWESOME; all the girls did a marvelous job, and the teacher is amazing! Holly's been looking so forward to this and was so excited today. The class is through our co-op, nothing too formal, and the girls have not had a lot of classroom practice. There were seven different groups/classes, ranging from K-12th grade, and Holly's class danced to Rachael Lampa's Day of Freedom.



Robert couldn't come this morning. That left me to videotape Holly's group's program AND try to take pictures with my digital camera. Oh, and I was the "stage mom" too, waiting with the girls until they got on stage, and then I had to dash to the back of the room to try to find a good spot. Meanwhile, Trevor and Holly's friend sat in chairs waiting patiently (and Trevor was sooo good!) I tried my best with both the video and digital cameras, but I did a lousy job. I don't use the video camera often, it's sadly obvious. But I did remember to watch Holly, in between messing with both cameras! Later, we met Robert for lunch, all huddling around the camera to watch the videotape. My camerawoman "skills" are non-existent. :)

It was beautiful outside. I say that a lot; we have a lot of great weather. We were out by the Air Force Academy . . . only the best and the brightest, without a doubt!



We saw at least a dozen academy planes out flying. They fly when the weather's nice, and that's pretty often. There were several planes practicing taking off and landing. There were a couple of gliders out, with tow planes, and we saw a parachutist. Just one parachutist is unusual, typically we see a dozen at a time.

Tomato staking update: Sorry, Jodi, contrary to what you'd originally thought, dear, I do not live in an area with a looong planting season. (grin) I've not been good or consistent about keeping ds right close by. But he's not been allowed many privileges at all, very minimal tv (only as a reward), no Gameboy except for a short time today, no friends. He's been encouraged, and is more than willing, to help out with various things around the house. Things ARE improving, his attitude is much improved, and we'll stick with this for the next week plus, at least. In a nice twist, his two neighborhood friends are gone this week. It will be good for us to have Trevor stuck with us at home.

Procrastination update: After posting last night, I finally ordered my photos from our summer vacation. Hey, this is big for me! I spent forever trying to find a valid coupon code with no luck. I like the photo sharing option at Kodak, and I chose it because other family members use it too. But there's no store in my state to pick the photos up, so I had to spend over $7 to ship about $14 worth of photos. Sigh. My other alternative was to reload them all up to another website, so by then I figured I'd cut my losses.

This afternoon, I ordered our Christmas cards, woo-hoo! For the past couple of years, I didn't get this done until mid-December. That seemed to take forever too, checking out four different websites, looking at the costs, card choices, and message space. One more knock against Kodak. I can't remember if they had the usual 4x8 photo card option, but they were several times more expensive than the other places I checked.

Next to get done is pulling together Christmas lists for the kids. I have all sorts of scraps of paper in front of the computer, letters to Santa from Trevor, notes in my purse, and notes somewhere already typed in the computer. I still need to plan Thanksgiving dinner. I would love to get all of my Christmas stuff DONE before the end of next weekend. Am I hopelessly optimistic? (The general answer is: Yes.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great landscape you live near! You lucky thing you!

Dorothy

Debbie said...

Way to go, Holly! Don't worry, mom, if you were there to support her and watch her, that is good enough...video and pictures are good, but nothing beats you being there.
I always enjoy the nice scenery photos you post.

Cynthia said...

Don't worry about juggling camera and video.. I can't do that either... sometimes I just don't do either and I enjoy the moment.... gasp.... (LOL)! I started on our Christmas letter today.. it'll be short and sweet this year since I'm going to refer everyone to the blog (LOL)! We're almost done with our shopping, but I still need to make a list so I remember that I'm done (LOL)!

berrypatch said...

It sounds like you had a busy, busy day! The church I used to attend used to do "interpretive dance" to Christian songs. I really enjoyed it. Great start on all the holiday stuff too! I have my photos & cards made - sick isn't it. LOL I just need to put it all together & figure out what to put inside each to point them to my blog. -Lisa