Monday, November 13, 2017

Zuppa Toscana Soup

This is a modified version of the Olive Garden soup. I've made the other version before, and this one is better--lots better!



Zuppa Toscana Soup

1 lb. sweet Italian sausage
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
2 minced garlic cloves

1/2 t. red pepper flakes (I'd cut back on this next time)
2 baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
6 cups of chicken broth
2 t. cornstarch with enough water to make paste (I had to use one more teaspoon)
1 c. half and half (I used a can of evap. milk)
2 c. chopped kale

Crumble sausage into soup pot and cook until done over med heat. Add onion, salt, pepper, and cook until onions are translucent and soft. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, potatoes, chicken broth. Cook until potatoes are done, about 15 mins. Add cornstarch mix and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring, and let soup thicken, about 10 mins. Stir in kale. Reduce heat to low and stir in half and half or evaporated milk. Leave on low heat 5-10 minutes and serve.

No comments: