Monday, December 26, 2016
Christmas 2016
Holly and Trevor slept in, which meant we slept in, and I had plenty of time to do a lot of things before they woke up.
Trevor and I enjoyed lox and bagels for breakfast, a throw back to Christmas mornings with my mom and Mike.
We celebrated with mimosas while opening presents. This may need to be a continuing tradition!
I cooked up a storm and mostly enjoyed it. I've not been cooking much since working full time, and I miss it. I've been cooking a lot over the past few days! Tonight's dinner was roasted duck (first time, and it turned out pretty good, although I'm not sure everyone is eager to have it again); stuffing (which was liked the first time I made it, not so much these last two times); twice baked potatoes (always a hit!), our holiday special, Spinach Madeline, and Mandarin Salad made an appearance after disappearing from the meu for several years. I also made Chocolate Mousse for dessert, with Holly making the homemade whipped cream for topping.
After it was all said and done, most of us had a blast playing Trevor's new Mario Cart game--always a hit for any occasion!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment