May 2013
Erin was a senior this year at Seattle Pacific University. One of her passions has been supporting Standing Rock Indian Reservation in the #noDAPL movement, and she'd spent two different weeks at the site, doing what she could.
Returning home with friends from her second trip early Sunday morning, November 6, she was killed in a car accident.
We are heartbroken for her family and friends.
Weepy about it Monday morning, driving to work. Hearing my two favorite Christian songs on the radio. I pulled into a parking space and my eyes lit on this.
Rejoice. Lots to rejoice over, even in such sadness. Erin lived her life for Jesus. She left this earth doing what she loved. Her family KNOWS where she is and is finding comfort in that, and in knowing that they will see her again in eternity. We have a God who is bigger than all of this, whose promises are true, and we have that Hope in Jesus.
I left the office that day for lunch, deciding to drive to my little Viet Sub place. Weepy again in my car, praying for those things that are good, rejoicing over the life that Erin had here, the lives she touched, the faith held by her and her family, thankful for the Word of God that never changes.
Walking into this little hole in the wall restaurant, who do I see?
Judy and Charlie. This is only her second time there, and she decided to stop in with Charlie. I fell in to her, sobbing, but also immediately comforted, knowing AGAIN that God showed His face to me, this time through Judy, when I needed it most.
Oh God, this has hit me so hard. But REJOICE.
Erin:
For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. 2 Tim 4:6-8



No comments:
Post a Comment