Friday, October 14, 2016

Writing about art

One of the reasons we chose to go to the National Gallery of Art for Holly's birthday was that Trevor needed to see, in person, a painting of his choosing about which he would then write a four paged paper for his art history class.

He had a few in mind and ended up choosing View of Medinet El-Fayoum.


Part of the class requirements were to take the paper to the school's writing center to be reviewed by a writing tutor. This was the text conversation between me and Trevor afterwards.


These were her written comments on Trevor's paper.


I know Nancy, as we had the same boss when I worked at the college. (Miss that job!!) She didn't make the connection that Trevor was my kid. And I knew she'd want to know that.


"I think his paper is the best one I have ever read from from a student in my 25 years in the Writing Center."

I really can't add anything more to this!



1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow! Way to go!