We visited with Georgia's dad. He's in his late 80s, still living in the same house. Many of the same pictures are on the same walls. It was a great visit, I am SO glad we were able to do this!
Debbie took me on a neighborhood tour, past our old high school, by her dad's old house on Woodcreek, past George C. Payne Elementary School, and we drove down the streets I walked to school on as a kid.
1528 San Tomas Court. Doesn't really look that different.
We drove up Saratoga (which was MUCH shorter than I imagined), past the now torn down McDonald's and Taco Bell (still reeling over that one!). We headed downtown. It was a pretty day, and I was trying to catch a shot of the surrounding foothills in this picture.
We checked in at The Fairmont, where our room overlooked the SJBACON.COM festival.
(And I die laughing, but you would have had to be there.)
Debbie and I went out to lunch, meeting Robyn back at the hotel. We reminisced as we got ready, a lot like old times, chatting, running in and out of the bathroom, putting on makeup, sharing curling irons. And it was time to leave!
We checked in at the reunion desk and were given cut red and yellow straws as free drink "coupons." (This later led to the best line of the night by Tom, sheeeeeeesh!!!!!) One of the first people we saw was this guy. Oh, I knew he'd be there, and he was one of the top people I was waiting to see. Debbie's old boyfriend Greg, one of the sweetest guys ever, and his nice words made me burst into tears right off the bat.
Another person I was dying to see in real life was Tom, super nice guy, big heart, loves and loved by everyonem who came in from Bainbridge Island.
Having a really, super, great, fun, wonderful time! Everyone was truly so nice and fun to see. Talked to a couple of people I am pretty sure I never knew. Talked to a few people with whom I am pretty sure I never spoke to in high school. All of the women were hugging, not being phony but being truly glad to see people. With the exception of two guys, everyone was very comfortable, no one trying to show off, just happy to be there and happy to be themselves.
There was a table with photos of classmates who had passed. Debbie had brought Georgia's photo. Gosh, she was missed. She would have LOVED this night.
An earlier picture (stolen and added here) of Greg, Leslie, and Tom. My old friend (the other) Greg, surely the cutest boy in high school, and the third person I was so happy to see in real life. Leslie, who had the most amazing dress of the evening (and I told her at least a dozen times)--and Leslie who, when she found out there was not enough money to buy a cake for the evening, made one for us (she used to bake professionally). And Tom.
Holli and I have known each other since kindergarten, but I can't remember ever being friends. We don't know why. So that's changed--after this night, we are friends. I'm sure I've known her longer than anyone else there that night. And it's a great feeling.
Michelle. Apparently we look alike in photos but not at all in real life. (True, we don't look anything alike really).
We took a couple of group photos throughout the night.
About 15 of us shut the place down and then went out looking for a restaurant to eat real food. The bar at The Fairmont was closing (and Greg W. was hungry enough apparently to eat glass). Original Joe's--closing. The next bar was loud, loud, loud, so a handful of us just ended up going to the hotel.
Fun end of the night, eating pizza, Robyn telling her stories, and Debbie crashing early.
And I'll go back for the 40th, no question about it. CAN'T WAIT!!!!














No comments:
Post a Comment