Saturday, October 01, 2016

Falling

I am never ready for this. We've had hot, hot weather, and POOF!, once fall was officially here, that changed dramatically.


 

On the plus side, we kicked off Oktoberfest at work with apple cider mimosas, assorted beers and faux German snacks.


I finally feel like I'm settling in to the new job, catching up on the chaos from when there was no secretary for quite a while, and learning how things work. I like the work, the medical information is quite interesting to me. The people are pleasant, no drama. All is good.

This conversation happened between me and Debbie late Tuesday night.


That part about me considering going? That was a flat out lie. I only said that because I thought I had the perfect out. 

So I bought a plane ticket to San Jose. I haven't seen Debbie in 20 years, Robyn in 33. Georgia is gone. Debbie's dad is really ill. This is a welcome opportunity to visit, and I'm looking forward to it (although I'm reluctant on the reunion event part, that's just a couple of hours of the trip). Most of the people I would want to see I already see on Facebook. I feel very little pressure about finding the "perfect" outfit or doing anything drastic to be sure I look good. And that's a really nice, comfortable feeling. San Jose, here I come!  (Gulp.)

No comments: