Thursday, September 15, 2016

RVLSA

Last minute empty spot at a fundraiser dinner for the Roanoke Valley, umm, well, even the website doesn't say what this stands for, but it's an association for legal professionals.  Like me!

It's really somewhat political, as most of the members are from our arch enemy law firm--and whose employees are good friends of many of us. There are a handful of members from two other law firms in town.

Confusing.

The fundraiser bosses' night has a particularly low turnout due to some fancy political dinner that most of the attorneys went to, although in general they are very supportive of RVLSA.

So I went to this dinner on a last minute notice with a bunch from my office. Cash bar, super delicious buffet (this club is well known for its great food), and the guest speaker was Cynthia Kinser, the first female state Supreme Court Chief Justice. So you can see that it was a bit of a big deal.

I of course took pics of the food. And texted them to my family.



I plan on joining and have asked my firm to pay my membership dues. I expect they will, since they really want our firm represented in this venue. Oh, and I've already been to one of their monthly lunches, as I have a friend at that arch rival law firm whose very involved in this group.

No comments: