I drove up early (well, relatively) Saturday. We ate Indian food on campus and checked out a new order ahead app at the new Starbucks on campus.
Parked next to this Prius in the parking garage!
MAYB 2DY and JS2DAY
As we headed out, we quickly stopped at the mall.
Macy's already had Christmas decorations
We parked at the Vienna Metro Station, the furthest station out on the line and Metroed into DC. We planned plenty of extra time, to be familiar with our return trip late at night, and to sightsee. The Metro station is right on the same block as Verizon Center, the horse show location. It was really perfect!
Came out of the station to see tons of police activity on the corner. They were there for an hour or so, and we never figured out what was going on.
We walked across the street to view the exhibits at both the American Art Museum and the National Portrait Museum. Loved it--the portrait museum has been on my list of destinations for a few years, and the art museum was a lovely added bonus!
Back to the arena. Note to self: When door security asks if you to put your cellphone in the basket before passing through the metal detector, don't forget you have it in your back pocket and then be perplexed when they have to wand you. Loooool!!!!
Dozens of horse pics in my other camera; haven't downloaded them yet! Loved it, great time, and definitely going back next year!
We successfully navigated our train transfers, ending up back to the car around 12:30. Holly really, really wanted pizza, but our searches for unsuccessful (and that's all I'm going to say about that!). We watched tv, and I crashed on the nice little bed I made up on Holly's floor. (She offered me her bed, but I had an air mattress, sleeping bag and a couple of blankets.)
On Sunday, we made her grocery store run, ate Q-Doba for lunch, and went to H-Mart to buy Asian food/ingredients for Trevor before I headed for home.
Super fun weekend!!!!!







2 comments:
Sounds like a FUN DAY!
It's great that you are close enough to drive up and see Holly. I really like the books hanging from the ceiling in the first photo.
Post a Comment