So we decided instead to leave and go to the new Starbucks we'd just passed. That was an easy decision for both of us!
It was in a gorgeous old building, exposed brick, high ceilings. Holly said it was the best one she's been in. We chilled out, caffeined up, and then made our way back to the car.
We were already at the base of Mill Mountain, so I took a quick turn and headed up. We don't go up there often, although Trevor hiked it with Jason just a few weeks ago (something I want to do!). Holly realized she hadn't been up since Mackenzie was out six or seven years ago! We also reminisced about our first visit out to Virginia, and how I was so determined to get to the top, even though she was not feeling good. :)
Tinker Mountain, that long mountain on the right--
we live just behind the right side of it.
We stopped at the mall, hoping to find a replacement pair of shorts for Trevor. His favorite pair is brand new, and he got stickers ALL over the shorts a week or two ago while frisbee golfing with Jason's family. Trevor long ago gave up picking them out, Robert and I never even tried, but Holly worked diligently the night before to get them out.
Magnified about 50x on my laptop screen, they are the size of the tip of a just sharpened pencil. I had no idea they had these horrible little "legs" until seeing them on the screen.
Running your hand on the outside of the shorts, you can still feel invisible pieces, But they don't hurt your hand, and the inside of the shorts are smooth. Good thing, because we couldn't find another pair.
Good to get one more day out before Holly goes back to school.



No comments:
Post a Comment