Robert put in a Reverse Osmosis system for our kitchen sink. YAY!!!!! The water is so hard that we have to use a water softener, which makes the water completely undrinkable (and it wasn't drinkable when it was hard either, blech). Jim and Peg have an identical set up, softened water --> RO, and their water tastes wonderful. That was enough to convince us. We've had the system now for several days. Life-changing around here. No more mountains of bottled water, two cases or more each week. This is really a wonderful thing!
Kota got a squirrel on Tuesday. She was on her zipline in the backyard, the squirrel got, well, squirrelly, and changed course three times before choosing to jump through a hole in the landscape fencing at the end of the zipline. Except that the hole was a bit smaller than the squirrel. I'm completely surprised the dog didn't kill the squirrel. But she did bit off the tip of its tail and manage to bite its foot. The squirrel scratched Kota good, leaving her with a bleeding nose before scampering away. Unfortunately, I don't think it will learn its lesson and stop tormenting her.
Coffee and crochet Tuesday night, and we watched another storm roll in.
On Saturday, I roasted a pork loin. To make pork green chile. So Robert could make smothered burritos. I also made avocado salad. We took them to the Schroes', where Judy had tacos, beans, homemade pico de gallo, and queso, and Peggy and Jim brought homemade salsa, two kinds of rice, and Allen.
Judy made these amazing little things, deep fried strawberry churros, or something like that.
On Sunday, Trevor went with friends to see Ant-Man and claimed it was one of the best movies he's ever seen. Holly and I hit Starbucks and then the mall, looking in several stores we've never been in before, and she bought a few things from H&M.
And I found this online in our old high school yearbook.
It was a great week, still have much that we want to do this summer, which is really about half way over now.




3 comments:
He saw The Ant? Not Ant-Man? I've never heard of The Ant. We start school next week on Friday. Sigh. We were going to start on Monday, August 3, but we have a wedding to attend in NC which meant taking off Friday the second week of school. I HATE to be off on the Sonlight schedule. So, we're going to start on a Friday. That way I'll only be off for two weeks.
LOL, it was Ant-Man. What do I know?! AUGUST 3??????? That's like summer school!!!
Yeah. We've been done since before Memorial Day, though. So, it's two full months off.
Post a Comment