Sunday, June 14, 2015

Last week

Movies.  Trevor went to see Avengers with Jason.  Holly and I decided to go along too, except that we saw San Andreas.  I liked the movie, and I liked that the movie theater was cheap. It wasn't fancy, but I liked that too, because the theater was pretty empty!  Fantastic special effects.

Conversation after the movie:

Trevor: I hate The Rock.
Holly and I in unison: We love The Rock!
Trevor: I suppose he had his cliche white daughter?
Holly and I: YES!!!  How did you know?  LOLOLOL!!!
Trevor: And he had a stupid one liner at the end of the movie?
Holly and I:  YES!!!!!  "We will rebuild!"

We still liked the movie!

We stopped by the mall afterwards and checked out books.  Holly and Trevor had Chik Fil A for dinner.

------

It was a week of beautiful sunsets--due to the smoke drift from Canadian fires.


------

Friends for dinner. The boys finished up a puzzle.


1000 pieces, a funky world map. I think it took me and Trevor all of three days--well, and these guys too.


Robert fixed Italian nachos and eggplant parmesan, and we ate on the deck.  We met both of these ladies within a few months after moving here in 2007.  Trevor met Kurt at chess club, so I met Judy.  The first time Robert visited Calvary Chapel in Roanoke, Peggy and Jim were the first people to talk to him.  It makes me so happy to know that all of us are going to church together again and that Peggy and Judy now know each other and are friends!


No comments: