Trevor hiked Read Mountain with a friend. It was a gorgeous morning. Surprisingly, although it was Saturday morning, it was not any busier than when Holly and I hiked it mid-week last year. I sat in the shade for an hour, catching up with Trev's friend's mom before heading back home and later coming back to pick them up. Such a nice, relaxing morning (for me anyway!).
Guys had a great time, didn't even stop to eat lunch on the trail. They came home and hung out for the rest of the day.
Holly and I went downtown to the annual Taubman Art Show on Sunday. We dashed in between raindrops, spent a bit of time wandering through 140 exhibitors, and drank giant smoothies at Mill Mountain Coffee. I am so happy with this pic I got over the MLK bridge. That's the Wells Fargo building, the tallest building in western Virginia.
Stormy week, torrential rains
. . . followed by rainbows.
We made our own Bun Thit Nuong -- Vietnamese Noodle Bowls. Delicious!
Trevor came along to Crochet & Coffee--because Kurt was there and Erich showed up. The guys enjoyed guy time and their electronic devices.
Robert pulled out his mom's wedding gown. That's quite a picture!
Fun to see Holly trying it on, and Robert enjoyed it too.
We had the Schroeders over for dinner on Wednesday, and Judy brought Emily. Emily was quite happy to have Vader snuggle up by her.
And Robert is one of her favorites too.
On Thursday, we FINALLY got our long awaited tax return, after having someone file fraudulently using our SSNs, names and address. We celebrated with take out Pizza Hut.
Seems like a kind of busy week.











1 comment:
Emily must be around Carys' age, since Carys loved Robert, too! :)
Post a Comment