Monday, May 25, 2015

Week's recap

Gardens are blooming.




I came with Trevor's cold and missed a day of work plus Trev's end of the season soccer banquet.  I felt so guilty, but he was more than fine with it and encouraged  me to stay home.  Holly helped prepare the food Robert and Trevor took, and before the evening ended, I had two moms texting me, asking for the recipe!

I've already said it--what a great season!  Robert was especially blessed.  When we made the team switch, he'd hoped to coach but since the team already had two coaches, he didn't know how that would work out.  It did.  He received the sweetest of compliments from so many players, including:  "This was the best season I've ever had!" "You're a beast!"  (meant complimentary, of course!).

Back to work included taking an Excel class. For fun.

After four years, the deck railings are up!  I was worried that they'd block the "view" (of what, the yard?), but they don't.  They'll be painted white . . . eventually, but I'm in no rush.  I'd rather have the sun room opened and cleaned to enjoy!  We celebrated by eating on the deck and having the dog outside with us.  (The last time she was out on the deck, she saw a squirrel and leapt off, a good 10 foot jump.)


Celebrated our anniversary on Friday.

Holly and I went shopping on Saturday, and she treated me to Starbucks.

Church on Sunday.  BBQ in the afternoon.  SOOOOOO much fun!!  Robert was eager enough to go that he was ready before me.  Judy came by and left Kurt here to hang out with Trevor, and the kids made pizzas for dinner.  Judy rode with us to our friends', a couple of miles down the road.


Potluck was set up inside the house, and everyone brought chairs to set up outside. 



Amazingly blessed by this new church family; I love these people.


Robert had been there the week before and opted to bring horseshoes, which were a huge hit.

 

I honestly don't know the last time I had such a great time in a large group.


  This has been a great weekend, and with Memorial Day today, isn't over yet!

2 comments:

Linda said...

The deck looks great! So glad you have found real community at your church. :)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

I love the deck. So happy at how Soccer worked out for Trevor and Robert this year. Thrilled you are enjoying a new church family. All in all it looks like a wonderful week.