I went to Crochet & Coffee, and Trevor came again to hang out with Kurt.
Celebrated Holly's grades for the semester. Four As and an A+. It really can't get better than that, and we are so proud of her. What a truly great year, and it's more than just the fantastic work she did (including doing so well in that long-dreaded, first semester math class). Her living situation suited her well, in an apartment with a kitchen, meeting a couple of new friends. I continue to be impressed with her ability to prioritize and manage her time, meeting all of her deadlines so easily. She's also a great role model for Trevor in that, which is exciting to me. She was only halfway glad to be coming home --but that's not a bad thing at all; in fact, I'm very content with that.
Celebratory dinner: filets, stuffed portobellos, salad
I splurged on myself and got another pedicure. So nice to be pampered!!
Holly and I played with her iPad's photo app and scared ourselves to death.
After stopping at the mall Friday on my way home from work, I decided to see if I could see the cross on the hill next to our church. I'd never considered it before, but one of my friends had mentioned it. Sure enough.
I wish I could find more info about when and why it was erected. I'm not finding anything online, but there are several articles about the planting of the church at the church, so maybe that will give some clue. Beautiful view, both from the church into the valley, and from spots in the valley up to the church. Although I call this a "little country church," it's not really that small, and I continue to wonder why we'd never heard of it until now. Love it, love the people, love the pastor. Home.




1 comment:
Congrats to Holly! Way to go!
Post a Comment