I went to Judy's Coffee & Crochet again this week. I go for the company, to be social with a few woman from church, to touch base with a couple of friends. The coffee place is just a mile and a half away, which makes it awfully convenient.
It's such a fun time. She's been wanting to get together a group for years; actually, she led one back when I first met her, held when and were Trevor and Kurt had their weekly chess club meetings. But the crochet group only lasted a short time, as the chess club folded within a couple of months of her first group. She had originally intended this new group to just last for a month or so--but I can see it being a long term, ongoing group. Wouldn't that be nice?!
There was a new woman there. I knew she was coming, as she'd posted on Facebook. I knew to keep an eye out for her. She sat down next to me, and I overheard someone ask her where she works.
Sarah: I work for Roanoke County Social Services.
Me: Hey, *I* work for Roanoke County Social Services!
(We're both looking at each other.)
Me: I work in eligibility.
Sarah: *I* work in eligibility.
Me: AH, I remember when you started! I saw your bio in the mail room!
There are about 40 of us on three floors, but Sarah and I have never seen each other before. How weird is that?

1 comment:
That IS weird! Sounds like a great group, though. :)
Post a Comment