Monday, March 09, 2015

Daylight saving time weekend!

Definitely one of my weekends each year, even worth giving up an hour! And this year was a really, really great one.

Saturday.  Robert and Trevor went off to watch the RVHR basketball finals, where the Rams beat the Flames.  Jason met up with them there and came home with Trevor.  Robert went to the Tap House with the new pastor. I'm so glad they are friends.

Sunday.  Church with Robert.  Schroes were there, Charlie's first time, Erich came before going back to school, Judy, and Kurt.  Jim and Peg slid in 15 minutes late.  Dave Stein gave the message.  We'd heard him before at CCR, and it was not good.  This time was totally different, the spirit of God was moving in Dave, and he was wonderful. What an encouragement and blessing to see him AND to hear him.  Dave and Jen have said this is their "resting place," indicating their stay here is temporary.  I hope not.

Second week in a row we shut the sanctuary down just chatting. Judy invited Jim and Peg along for dinner.  They are a great friends match, which I am SO glad!  I'm too lazy, have no big desire to work on friendships much at this point in my life.  (How terrible does that sound?) Snagged a lemon chess cake, taking that for dessert later.

Came home and made pistachio torte for dessert later too. Warmer weather, getting rid of most of the snow.

To Schroes for dinner, joined of course by Jim and Peg. Such a nice time, and Charlie and Judy and Jim and Peg totally hit it off, just as I suspected.  A somewhat early night, thanks to the time change.


Look familiar? They do this a lot.

Just a great weekend. 

No comments: