The snow melted overnight. After 16" of snow over the past two weeks, it was finally gone this morning. The rain that lasted all night washed it away, except for the roadsides and edges of driveways where snow had been shoveled.
The rain today turned to snow. Quickly. It began snowing at 12:30, and I left work at 1, knowing it would be bad. It was already covering the cars. Temps hovered at 32, so I knew driving should be okay, but it was a slow drive home on the interstate. Better than sideroads, no doubt.
Turning onto Catawba.
Halfway down Catawba, cars were at a standstill. I could tell it was just half a dozen cars or so ahead, and cars came by from the other direction. After about five minutes, traffic began moving again, with no indication as to what had happened.
No one had been up or down my street for awhile. Looking in my rear view mirror, I was leaving some pretty good tracks.
My car slipped at bit at the top of the hill/curve, but I was almost there. I don't think I've driven on roads like this since Colorado, and I kept reminding myself that this was no different than driving my little Corolla SR-5, which was a wonderful little sled-car in the snow.
Home sweet home.
Four more inches on the ground. Very wet, completely different than the past few weeks. It stoppd a few hours later and already was easier to drive in, at least according to Robert. Nice, because although it will drop another 20 degrees tonight, I'm planning to head out tomorrow morning to pick Holly up and bring her home for spring break.





1 comment:
This winter is surreal to me. I find it hard to believe we are experiencing 70* temps and also hard to believe how much snow is falling over so much of the country. Glad you got home safely.
Post a Comment