My friend Cindy shared a picture of a new chandelier hung in her bedroom.
I coveted. I so rarely do that! I wanted a light like that. I wanted THAT light.
This is our first home without lights in the bedroom ceilings. Not really a big deal to me, except that the light switch by our door is connected to a small corner accent light that leaves me still in the dark.
So Robert spent hours upon hours over the past two months looking at possibilities. We read reviews after reviews. Did I like this? Like that? What size? We compared measurements to existing chandeliers we have, and we made a cardboard circle to put on our bedroom ceiling for perspective.
And we ended up finding THAT light and bought it with Christmas money. (Thanks, Dad and Sherry!)
At first, every time we walked into the room, it was a complete shock to see it hanging from the ceiling. But we liked it. There's still no power to it. Robert will have to tap in to the walls and bring the power up into the ceiling. Meanwhile, we can enjoy looking at it and imagining the light it will bring into the room.

No comments:
Post a Comment