7:30 a.m. It's 55 degrees at my desk. And it's dark too, because a year ago, there was a vote, and a majority-by-one determined that the florescent lights would not be turned on during the day. It's like working in a dungeon, cold and dark. So dreary.
I plug in my little heater (thank you, Robert), and an hour later, it is 61 degrees.
By 10, it's reached 67. Six more hours and I can go home!
At some point, I went up to the third floor. It's toasty warm up there, but the construction noise from the 4th and 5th floors was so awful that I preferred my freezing space. At least I can hear on the phone.
In two weeks, we move up to the fourth floor. But it's not being renovated. It has, however, had some demo work done. And then the county Board of Supervisors decided that, although they'd approved the demo work, they were not prepared to approve the reno work. So the demo'ed fourth floor is having what's left of the floor--concrete--finished for us. They are replacing the walls that were taken down.
It's expected that we will move one more time after that, back to our original fifth floor. That was the only floor that was approved for renovation. No time frame on that.
Meanwhile, the parking lot is going to be redone, repaved, relined. There are new city rules that ultimately result in allowing fewer spaces than we have now. While the parking lot is being made new, half of it will be unusable. There is parking two blocks away that we are encouraged to use. There will be half of the usual parking lot, and there is limited all day street parking. I think I'll be okay, since I get there earlier than most people.
I was really hoping to not be here for the parking lot issues, but here I am.



1 comment:
Government is so great, huh?
Post a Comment