I have lots of posts to write, things we did that I want to note, pictures to post--I'll backdate.
A friend's post on Facebook last week spurred me to commit to reading my 365 day chronological Bible again--a Bible set up to be read every day, with events in chron order, over the course of a year. I first used this book eight years ago. I did pretty well, whatever that means. To me, it meant that I got all the way through September. I'm still pretty happy about that. There have been a couple of other years I've begun, but I've never held any commitment, making it only a few weeks, or into February, or into spring.
So I made that spur of the moment commitment last week, asked around if anyone wanted to read with me, that we could encourage each other, help with accountability. Within two days, I had a group of THIRTY-THREE women who want to join a FB group for this purpose. Wow! Oh, I know the numbers won't hold up. It sounds like a nice idea, but it's hard to keep reading, every day, every week, every month. But I was surprised by the response. Oh, I know it's not really true, but I have this image of a lot of my friends that they are perfect at reading their Bible every day, lol. The group is where my worlds collide, with many of my dear loopies, a couple of friends from elementary school, a family member, a few locals, plus a few friends of those who have joined.
Several things I need to prioritize and organize this year, quickly. This horrible job has sucked all life from me, and I need to change. I hate that place. I need to focus on Trevor's junior year, helping set him up to be in the best position for college apps later this year. Just a year and a half until he graduates, and I want to consciously be spending that time with him, just as I did Holly.
But the only way all of that's going to come together is if I get closer to God, reading His Word every day. I'm desperate for that.
Foolishly, I have been taking the easy way out, opening my computer, passively people watching on FB, looking at news websites and following whatever other pointless things I find. I need to be more purposeful with my time, not only in the mornings, but all day.
Interesting, this was along the same theme as our sermon at church today. We've been going to a new (to us) place for several weeks. Judy and Kurt met us there today. We started in Galatians today, such a parallel! Funny that as I sat there listening earlier, I didn't see it--that didn't come until writing now.
So I'm looking forward. The best is yet to come!
2 comments:
Great post, my friend.
Forward!
Great post.
Post a Comment