Thursday, December 04, 2014

Some cool stuff

I love that Holly goes to school in DC because of the unique opportunities the location affords.  Laurie Robinson is one of Holly's profs this year (this semester and next).  She's been the U.S. Assistant Attorney General--twice.  Earlier this week, the President appointed Robinson co-chair of the new Task Force on 21st Century Policing. Another Honors professor is physicist James Trefil, author of 30 books and known for his teaching of science to non-scientists. 

Tonight, Holly attended a lecture for extra credit in her criminology class. Michael Hayden was the guest speaker. He was the Director of the NSA (1999-2005) and the Director of the CIA (2006-2009).

There have been almost a dozen class speakers this semester, including lobbyist Jim Morhard, with his incredible personal story; B. Todd Jones, Director of ATF; and Jim Burch and Geoffrey Laredo, both of whom hold high profile positions in public offices.

It just thrills me, and I'm noting this so they aren't forgotten by me down the road. :)

1 comment:

berrypatch said...

How cool is that?!? Now I want to go to college in DC.... :-)