We packed up the cooler with food for the next two weeks: French onion soup, buffalo chicken, Husband Delight, Chicken Stuffing Bake, pizza, chicken tenders, lettuce, cheese, salami, fruit--and some yummy treats, candy, jello, coffee creamer, egg nog, soda. (I forgot to get the chocolate chip pancakes Robert had made for her. :( )
I was a little concerned about so much driving on the busiest travel day of the year. The morning drive up was a breeze, gorgeous out, traffic was good with noticeably fewer trucks.
When we got to school, we unpacked the car and put things together back at her room, then grabbed Indian food on campus. Parking is a constant juggle. 5 Minute Unloading Zone, 30 Minute Free Parking, $3 per hour in the parking garage, and the two more 30 minute parking spots at different areas. It's crazy, it's expensive, and I'm paranoid now about another parking ticket.
We went back to Holly's room, and she strung Christmas lights up all around her room. They looked great, and we had the perfect amount of lights! Luckily, there was a small step ladder out in the living room, which made hanging some of the hooks possible.
While Holly maneuvered the lights around her room, I decorated her table top Christmas tree with the balls, owls, and snowmen she picked out. It's a fiber optic tree that changes color--so cute!
We went back to rescue the car, stopping at Starbucks on the way back. We hung out in the bright and comfy but always empty lobby before I left.
Oh, the drive home was far different than the drive there! Leaving DC Metro area was (surprisingly) a breeze. Traffic backed up for a mile waiting to get on I-81 southbound. Once on I-81, it took 30 minutes to go 6 miles. Over the next 150 miles, there was a lotta, lotta stop and go, two small fender benders, and that part of the trip took four hours. It was almost a party at times. Window rolled down (hey, it was warm outside), turning on the light to find my snacks, hanging out and waiting for traffic to move yet again. Talked to Robert a few times, but it was good, no awful wrecks. We were both wondering when she went back last year though!
Two more weeks for Holly, a couple of presentations and papers, then three finals, and then HOME for five weeks over Christmas!




No comments:
Post a Comment