Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Day

I've been backdating several posts here, just going by what photos I took on that day.

As has been typical for the past several years, Robert and I woke up early.  We got everything set up for the kids--long gone are the days where they would wait, excited and bleary eyed, at the back of the hallway or at the bottom of the stairs, until they had permission to enter the living room!



Robert went back to bed.  I got dressed, and although the kids said they wanted to be woken up at 9:30, no one was awake. Robert got up a little later, and the kids easily woke up at that point.  Lol.  Trevor is always the one who gets all of the presents from under the tree and passes them out.  I don't know how long he's had this job, but I don't remember a time when he didn't do it. It's tradition!


 Even Kota watched!

We quietly celebrated, just hanging out and enjoying each other's company.  (I don't remember specifics, as I'm typing this a week and a half later!)

Dinner was quite non-traditional.  Trevor and I wanted Greek, Robert and Holly put their feet down. We compromised with bbqed flank steak with horseradish/sour cream, my mom's famous Rice and Mushroom Casserole,roasted okra, roasted asparagus, and Mandarin Orange Salad.  Robert made pumpkin pie and rum cake for dessert.


It was a wonderful day, and I am ALWAYS thankful to be celebrating it with my family.


No comments: