Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Book Reviews

God's Story, Your Story: When His Becomes Yours by Max Lucado

Typical, easy to read and encouraging Lucado. Comfort food.


Waking Up in Heaven: A True Story of Brokenness, Heaven, and Life Again by Crystal McVea

A pretty good story, mostly about Crystal's life before finding Jesus, and how her life changed after visiting heaven when she died in a hospital.

The Mark of a Christian by Emlen S. ("Charlie") Garrett

Judy first "introduced" me to Charlie several years ago, and I've followed this pastor for several years on Facebook ever since.  When I found that he'd written a book awhile back, I bought it.  It was a very encouraging read, with each chapter addressing a topic often misunderstood/misinterpreted in today's church.  I loved that I could hear Charlie's voice in his writings.

Charlie is one of the most gifted teachers I've ever heard.  You can follow his daily devotional here.  He teaches one verse per day, going through an entire book of the Bible.

Judy and I say that one of these days, we'll drive down to Florida and visit Charlie.  It wouldn't surprise me at all!




No comments: