Thursday, October 23, 2014

Throw Back Thursday -- Family Photos

Incredible photos sent to me by my Aunt Sue.

My mom's mother's parents, Bernard Connor (1878-1928) and Rose Droppelmann Connor (1881-1960). They don't look very old in this photo. A friend pointed out that this photo must have cost them quite a bit of money back in that time.  Isn't it amazing how their faces are lit up by the fire?


My mom's father's parents, Helena Gaelick Thomas (Elena Gallich) and William Henry Thomas, with their two oldest children, Helen and Bill.  I have a book written by two sister of my great-grandmother Elena Gallich, detailing their travels between Ukraine and Canada.  She met Bill in Calgary, and they moved to Seattle, where he became a street car conductor. She's stunning. The only other photo I have of her was as a child in a family photo.   


Helen and William went on to have more children, including Ellis.   I wrote about Ellis last month here.


I am thrilled beyond words at the gift of these photos!!

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

These are fantastic! What a treasure.

joyful.h said...

What an unusual pose for that first photograph you shared! Certainly not typical for the time. I'm glad you're sharing these old photos, Kristine:)