Friday, May 23, 2014

The rest of the week

Robert and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary. We decided not to do anything earth shatteringly special, although he bought me ice cream, a couple of new cutting boards, and a package of nylon whisks--all of which I desperately needed!

Trevor is considering other soccer leagues. He signed up online for tryouts and showed up for one last weekend--only to find that it had been cancelled.  While they said that it had been taken down from the website, it was still there--oops!  I called another team within that league, and the director told us to show up at practice that night.  When we arrived, the director said Oops, they practiced earlier tonight--would you mind practicing with the girls?  I am SO glad that Trevor didn't feel pressured or intimidated to say yes, instead asking if the boys' team would be practicing next week.  We'll be going back again.  :)

We get compliments all of the time about how mature and confident he is. He goes into situations like this, thinks on his feet successfully, which bolsters his self-confidence, a nice cycle.

Holly settled in at home, ran a few errands with me, and started her geology class through the local community college.

So summer begins . . .

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ahhhh summer! So glad it is here, too!

And Trevor is indeed very mature. Impressive.