Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Giving a small, quick thought to this. Mother's Day has evolved quite a bit for me.  I can remember one when my kids were little, and I asked Robert to please take them to his mom's house so I could have a few hours by myself. 

Now I feel like any day I spend with/talk to/text/etc. with my kids is Mother's Day!  I don't need a special day.  They are ALWAYS wonderful to me, darlings of my heart, really wonderful, thoughtful kids.

I woke up this morning and headed up to GMU with the specific intention of taking some of Holly's things home, thinking they wouldn't all fit in one car trip.  On the way up, Trevor sent me a sweet text for Mother's Day.  Holly and I ran to Walmart and lunched at Chipotle.  We spent some time hanging out in her room and wandered around campus; it was nice to have some free time to spend. She bought me a fancy coffee at Starbucks. 

She'd already packed up everything that I was to take home, so we loaded that all into the car. We also packed up her fish and fish tank. She's done a great job getting everything ready for move out, and it should be a breeze when I go back Wednesday to bring her home for the summer.

I got home a little after 7, and Trevor and Rob unloaded the car.  Robert made Vietnamese Noodle Bowls for dinner; Trevor and I watched tv and played a little Mario Cart (before Nintendo takes it off the server completely in another week or so).

It was a lovely day, Mother's Day or otherwise.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Those noodle bowls sound delicious!! What is in them exactly?