Several months ago, Eddie asked our team at work to save 12/7 for his Christmas party. We were a bit surprised to find out just days before that the invitation was *only* for work people, not even spouses! As if we don't see each other enough during work hours! I didn't want to be the jerk who backed out, so I went anyway. He's a super nice guy, started the job just before I did, and he makes work even better. Seven of our team of ten were there.
Eddie's been promoting his Bliss Lights. A couple of us have ended up buying our own, although Robert didn't like the blue and will be returning them. They are so pretty, throwing little dots of lasers over everything!
They had their house built two years ago. It's like something right out of HGTV, beautifully decorated, gorgeous furnishings. Unfortunately, I didn't get many pics of the house!
We ate, and Eddie even had a gift for each of us, and mine was a snowman Christmas decoration. I was soooo glad I'd brought him a host gift (bottle of wine)!
He got his chickens a few months ago, and many of us at work are buying the eggs. There was also the story about the chicken coop that burned down, with the chickens being saved by Eddie because he returned home unexpectedly and saw the smoke coming from the backyard. We took a nighttime walk down to the coop, waking the chickens up to take pictures.
Trevor was spending the night at Kurt's house, which is just a few lots up the creek from Eddie's, less than half a mile. Most of the people wandered down to the creek, but I stayed at the chicken coop, texting Judy about how close I was. Haha.
Before leaving, we got a nice little selfie: Eddie, and then clockwise from the bottom left: my boss Joanna, Brenda, Carol, Jill, Trina, and me.
Someone photoshopped santa's beard, reindeer antlers, elf ears, and more onto the picture, and now it's my screensaver at work.
It was a nice night, and I was excited to see Eddie's house. But next year, he already know that I am staying home!





No comments:
Post a Comment