The week began on Monday with one of the departments hosting a holiday brunch for the other teams.
We had our office-wide door decorating contest on Tuesday. My team won the team theme prize (Pizza Hut gift card!), and our very own Eddie won the "Most Spirited" door. LOL. The contest was followed by an Open House hosted by our supervisors.
We went to the County Employees' Christmas Lunch on Wednesday. I believe we have about 1000 employees total for a county of just under 100,000 people. That seems like so many workers, don't you think? Our lunch was held at the Salem Civic Center.
Hah, caught Joanna and Jill walking past with their food while we stood in line.
It was very nice, with dressing-stuffed turkey rolls, and other traditional style holiday foods.
I couldn't help but take this picture. It's one of the few times I haven't seen the county police without a phone stuck to their ears. I guess it has to happen at some point in time . . .
We had an eligibility workers staff meeting on Thursday morning, which included Panera bagels and coffee for breakfast. Our agency has the number one lowest rate of payment errors in the state, and as a result, we win some sort of incentive money. I usually only work four days a week, but there were a few good speakers I wanted to hear at this meeting, so I went in for a few hours.
We had our team out of office meeting on Friday and went to a local restaurant for a late lunch. Unfortunately, many people were in a grumpy mood, so it fell flat--a rarity among our group.
Lastly, although our original county holiday were to be Tuesday and Wednesday, the commissioners voted earlier this month to also give us Monday off. It will be a nice and welcome break from work.



No comments:
Post a Comment