I've been in intensive training for weeks. That's been good. The trainer is wonderful, and I'm with two new employees from our office, along with two from other counties who are joining in.
My posters have come s-l-o-w-l-y in the mail, and my office finally has some decorations. I'm not done yet!
I continue to get that I am on the BEST team in the office (out of four teams made up of ten people each). Yay me! We work and eat. And eat. And eat. And then we work and eat, eat, eat some more. Surprisingly, no one is really overweight.
The week that this photo was taken, my team went out to lunch one afternoon to celebrate a birthday and as a welcome for me. We also had a breakfast potluck for our team to say goodbye to someone who is moving away. That same afternoon, we hosted a "Desserting Party" (a play on deserting/desserting) for our office of 90. It was an incredible spread, and the party lasted most of the afternoon, with people coming in and out. And lucky me--my office is right across the hall from the main conference room of the entire five story building.
This is what I ended up taking home, a sampling of leftovers.
The following week, I missed a staff meeting, and my lead went over the notes with me.
"Will you be here on the 7th? We'll be going out to lunch to welcome Brenda to our team, and to celebrate my birthday."
"How about the 18th? We're taking Joanna out to lunch for Boss's Day."
"Oh, did you see the email about the breakfast they will have for us on October 1st with all of the new Medicaid rules going in to effect?"
And she doesn't know that we're having a "Mexican Day" on the 11th to celebrate her new promotion. I also marked down a Halloween Breakfast scheduled for the 31st.
I get that management does what it can to boost morale. I get that it's working. So far, so good! But I've started using the back staircase instead of the elevator. That, and I think I'll stop eating at home.

2 comments:
LOL! That would kill me!
Yikes - it reminds me a bit of the Freshman 20. ::snort::
Post a Comment