Thursday. Left Kroger, opened my car door, stopped and realized that IT WASN'T MY CAR! I have a radio key, which stays in my purse but unlocks my door and starts my car. Obviously, this person didn't lock their car!
On a positive note, I was struck by how much nicer my car looks on the inside. I just passed 90,000 miles, and it still looks brand new inside.
Friday. The business adjacent to the soccer fields has closed off its parking this season. Seriously? The business is closed when we are there. If they don't want us parking there, maybe charge us $2 to park. We'd gladly pay it. They'd make money, and it'd be worth it to compensate for the person they have sitting in front of their lot to make sure we don't move the barriers. The police are there too, preventing people from parking along one side of the little dead end street that leads to the park. It's crazy, and it's pointless.
I dropped off Robert and Trevor at the end of the street and then drove off in search of a spot--which could literally be half a mile away. But I scored!!! There was parking along another street, and I PARALLEL PARKED!! Momentous, really, as it's only the second--no, the third!--time I've ever done this successfully!
Yes, yes, there's a bit of space there, but that's beside the point. I DID IT! And I only had to walk 2/10 of a mile, much more reasonable!


2 comments:
It does look like there is enough room to park a semi in that space but......CONGRATULATIONS
I guess you really did miss talking to me for the past two weekends! You got a google account! ;)
Post a Comment