Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Summer of Driving, continued

Yesterday, I drove out to Richmond to meet an old friend and boss for whom I worked back in 1989-1991. Mancy was out from Denver, dropping her daughter off at college in Williamsburg. We met somewhere in the middle. We knew it would be a looooong lunch, and when we got there at 2:00, Mancy warned the waitress that we'd be awhile. Four hours later, we left--not because we were done, but because I wanted to be home before dark!


We had a really, really nice time.  Words just don't express how good this was for me, keeping me a bit distracted this past week, bringing back so many nice memories, and just really enjoying visiting and catching up.  We're hoping to have a repeat in the next couple of months, along with our husbands, when Mancy and Will are out in Virginia again.

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

So glad you had this chance to catch up with a friend during this emotional week. You've been in my prayers. I know.