Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Oops! And update.

Soccer begins next week, and Robert sent out his annual "Welcome to the team!" email tonight.  Conversation at my house between me, Holly and Trevor:

Kristine: I didn't get Dad's email about the team. Did you guys get the email?

Trevor: Yep.

Kristine:  Holly, did you get the email?

Holly:I don't check email.  But no!

Kristine: You didn't???

Holly: I'm not on that team anymore. Remember???

-------------

Oh, yeah. That's right.

Holly leaves in nine days.  We're about finished with buying what she'll be taking up next week to move in to her dorm. We'll have to start opening boxes, washing linens, and unwrapping smaller thigs to make the move as simple as possible.

So far, so good.  I haven't been overly emotional, although I've cried the last two days when talking privately to Robert.  I cried over how amazing all of this has been, our homeschool journey, how God has brought our kid to where she is now.  And I cried when remembering a conversation he and I had  12 years ago, when I told him that THOSE days of little kids would be the best days of our lives, that we needed to know that we were living them then.  I am so thankful for being at least semi-aware of that over the years.

Oops.  Weepy again; time to turn that off.

No comments: