Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Eye'll be seeing you

This is the second time this summer that Trevor has had a friend over for biology dissections.The first time, they dissected a frog.  I seem to have lost the photos, and I'm pretty bummed about that (really).

This time, they each had their own cow's eye.


Trevor and Jason took biology together last semester, but there was only time for a fetal pig dissection in the classroom.

I was able to order these online from a homeschool science company at a very low cost.  Each kit came with all the supplies necessary, including a styrofoam tray, various necessary tools (scalpel, scissors, etc.), and a guide.  All together, I bought one 7" frog, two cow eyeballs, and one sheep's heart, which cost less than $40, including shipping.


I never would have done a fetal anything at home.  Holly's class got to watch a cat dissection, but I wasn't having any of that either.  (BLECH!!!!)

Fun stuff to do at home, at least from my more distant vantage point.  The boys enjoyed it too.

No comments: