Friday, May 03, 2013

Pennsylvania visit, part 3

Poor Aunt Barb came down with a horrible sore throat during my trip. She stayed home on Sunday morning, and Uncle Joe and Kathy and Tommy took me to breakfast. It was a darling restaurant.


We'd already driven past Tommy's school, Moravian College, which is one of the oldest schools in the country.  They also took me up to the top of the hill where Lehigh University sits.


Up the hill, back and forth, back and forth, climbing, climbing, climbing.  Stop for fresh air and the view at the top.


Drive back down the backside, which wasn't too bad, then on a curvy, narrow, practically-one-lane-road from 100 years ago, then back into Southside, up this street, down this street, "Here's Railroad Street, where grandma lived when she was little."

Because I'm just the life of the party, I finally had to gasp out that I was starting to feel a little carsick.

(I really need to replace those wonderful Sea Bands that I donated at the last minute two years ago to Holly's missions trip leader.)

We stopped, thankfully, at a pretty greenbelt area where the Lehigh River, Lehigh Canal, and Monocacy Creek all converge.


We walked for a while, while I regained my stomach before heading back to Joe's house where I was able to visit with Uncle Joe and Sister Loretta for the rest of the day.  It really was quite lovely!

No comments: