We all donned party hats, along with Tommy and Kathy
Lori and I have fond memories of Joe and Aggie's daughters, our "famous" cousins, The Bucko Sisters. We spent six weeks that summer with my grandparents. We saw the girls perform at Dorney Park (nothing like what it is now, believe me), and we spent a day at their house. They were a few years older than us, and when we went home, we treasured our own copy of their 45 record, Tie a Yellow Ribbon. We listened to it, sang with it, and in general just idolized those girls.
Anyway. Joe passed away last year. I haven't seen the Buckos since that summer of 1974. I was thrilled to go back to help surprise Aggie for her 80th birthday.
It was a cold day, and there must have been 30 or so people there, waiting in the house, for Aggie to return home with her daughter. We visited, with people I only vaguely remembered, or had never met before.
Sue Bucko (now Jones) and Aunt Barb
Aggie was totally surprised. She is the sweetest, most gentle lady. Lori had told me this, but I didn't remember. There was tons of food and we ate and ate.
Aggie blowing out not-quite 80 candles
Happy Birthday to a lovely lady. What a pleasure to be able to share this celebration with you. I was the one who was truly blessed.
Cake, anyone?




No comments:
Post a Comment