Friday, May 17, 2013

End of biology

Trevor's biology class officially ended last week with the Museum field trip (which he missed).  However, the Professor invited Trevor and Jason (another student) to meet him for coffee yesterday morning.  Dr. Abraham encouraged the boys to take notes for two hours as he discussed creation vs. evolution. 

What an honor and a privilege for Trevor to be under the instruction of this Godly man for this time.  His life is a testimony to his faith as he's stood up for what he believes, unmoved by a worldly desire to fit in, to do the "comfortable" thing.  Dr. Abraham was in between full time teaching jobs, after leaving Liberty, and spending this semester in an adjunct position at our local community college.  It is our loss that it seems he will be leaving for a position in Oklahoma that will begin in the fall.

I told Trevor that he will have profs like this, who invite students out, separately from class, students who are sparked by the teacher's passion for his subject . . .

I know I've posted recently about the blessing this class, this instructor, has been, but I am blown away by God's perfect timing to put this man into the lives of these kids.

No comments: