Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sunday Date

I bought tickets a few weeks ago to see The Homecoming, the original Earl Hamner screenplay that was the basis for The Waltons TV show. Friends of ours were in the play, and I figured between that, the fact that the play had a Christmas theme, and knowing that Robert likes The Waltons, it wouldn't be too hard to drag him along. We've never been to anything put on by The Bedford Town Players.

In fact, the last time I went to any kind of play was when Robert's mom had season tickets to The Little(ton) Town Players. I'd agreed to go with her for season. It ended up being a lot of fun. She had a set date, and I enjoyed our time out together.

 The Homecoming was held in a wonderful theater that is part of the Elks Home campus in Bedford. Tickets were reasonably priced, and we had wonderful seats in the fourth row on the end. The play was terrific, and I appreciated knowing the characters from the TV show. It was a blast to see our friends in the starring roles (Olivia and ClayBoy), along with their quiet daughter as one of the noisy Walton children. The Elks Home puts on an amazing Christmas light display, and they were already in the thick of preparations.


We stopped at Walmart, where I spotted my first sun dog. I've heard of them before but never seen one in real life with my own two eyes.


We've been wanting to eat at Liberty Station--for several years! But it will have to wait, as we found they are closed on Sundays. We headed for Mexican food instead. Gorgeous day, changing leaves.


Sun going down.


Fall in Virginia is beautiful.

No comments: