------------------------------
They left San Juan Island. In a small plane. With an instructor. And Trevor flying the plane.
Apparently this is where all of the video gaming skills pay off, right?
Trevor flew the plane.
Trevor took off, Trevor landed. Trevor learned how to get out of stalls--after slowing the plane down and tipping the nose up so the air can't flow over the wings. Holly found it all great fun.
Trevor flew the plane.
They flew around the beautiful San Juan Islands. I can't wait to see her photos. The views are stunning.
![]() |
| (taken from the web) |
(Mom hyperventilates, falls off chair, hits head, passes out.)
---------------------------
They went to the yacht club for dinner. They "saw whales." I don't know how many, how close, or what they saw, but seeing whales is the perfect cherry on top of an already amazing day! After dinner, they walked around the docks a bit.
And Trevor flew the plane.
----------------------------
Follow up note: The plane was a Cessna 172 Skyhawk. :D

8 comments:
Trevot flew the plane.
Don't pass out again.
Hurray for Trevor! What an awesome opportunity!
When you find out what model of plane Trevor flew, please pass it on. My airplane geeks will wanna know:)
Heather: Cessna 172 Skyhawk :D Trevor said it was the same kind he went up in a few years ago at an aeronautics class he took through Liberty University.
Kristine, how neat! That's the same style of plane that Terry's dad owns! It's unfortunately grounded and in need of some adjustments before it will pass inspection again, though. I'm shocked that I don't have any photos of the plane's exterior on my blog, but there's a photo of the cockpit on this post:
http://joyfulwandering.wordpress.com/2010/04/29/up/
I hope Christian will soon have the opportunity to fly as Trevor has:)
This is so cool, Kristine. Did Trevor get to fly a plane?
Fantastic!!! My Jonathan is SO jealous! :) Yay for Trevor! :)
(Who is my anonymous person?!) Yes, Trevor flew it, took off, flew around the islands, landed. He had a grand time!
Oh!! WOW - somehow I missed that Trevor was flying the plane!
Post a Comment