Sunday, June 10, 2012

Recipe -- Homemade Ranch Dressing

I really need to be making these simple things at home.  They are fifty times more healthy, not much more difficult than opening an envelope and mixing with mayo and milk, less expensive than buying at the store, and I always have the ingredients on hand.

RANCH DRESSING

1 c. lite mayonnaise
1/2 c. buttermilk* FOR SALAD DRESSING OR
                           1/2 c. sour cream FOR VEGETABLE DIP
1/2 t. dried chives
1/2 t. dried parsley
1/2 t. dried dill weed
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. onion powder (I sub dried onion flakes and grind in my mortar)
1/8 t. salt
1/8 t. black pepper

Whisk all. Chilling for 30 mins. before serving will give dressing time to thicken a bit.

*Buttermilk: put 1/2 T. vinegar in bottom of measuring cup. Add enough milk to total 1/2 c. Let sit five mins. before stirring and adding to recipe.

No comments: